Some New Toys!

I have been eyeing a couple of handy gadgets for the Dorm Culinaire kitchen. They are not essential but are just something that I would really like to have on hand, for they would make life so much easier without occupying too much space in the room or digging deep into your pockets: two constraints that every college student has. I do not in any way advocate filling up your room with every little gadget that you can possibly lay your hands on, but some well thought out purchases can go a great way to filling up those ever hungry student stomachs or whipping up something to quieten that midnight growling while studying for that all-important test you have next morning.
The first one, a handheld blender. It is so useful in any kitchen. And it increases the scope of what you can prepare to include drinks (smoothies, juices, shakes). Tired of those chumky soups, I can puree it up now. This is top of my wishlist at the moment.
The other gadget is a Sandwich Press or Panini Press, whatever you may wish to call it. This is for those beautiful grilled sandwiches or the ultra-gooey panini. This can also be used to grill meats, vegetables, patties. It would be like having a mini smoke-free (till you don't burn anything up) BBQ right inside your room. Imagine how much fun that would be. Come rain or shine, your barbeque party just won't stop. This would nicely complement all the beer that anyway flows freely in the residences.
This is my summer wishlist. In case you want to be quick and gift it to me before I purchase it, do inform me! Keep cooking with passion!

Edit-to-Add I have purchased the Sandwich Grill. It is not some fancy piece of equipment but it works fine enough for me to handle it. Looking forward to cooking with it.

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Joy of Simple Veggies

No Heat Cooking: Sandwiches

Eggs and Eggheads